If your kids love chicken nuggets for baon, we have good news! You can make them right at home. Just watch and learn from our third #MinolaMealsBento video. Don’t forget to share your yummy ideas in the comments section below. We have more recipes in store for you, so stay tuned! #HealthierAngRelationships #MinolaMeals #MinolaMealsBento
Buttermilk Chicken Nuggets
Minola Meals Bento #3
- 1/2 kilo chicken breast fillet, cut 1.5 inches thick
- 1 & 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Minola Cooking Oil for frying
- Marinate chicken breast cut-ups in buttermilk for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat eggs and water then set aside.
- In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Drain chicken then dredge pieces in flour, egg wash, then roll in breadcrumbs mixture.
- Deep-fry until golden brown.
- Serve with Home-made Minola Mayonnaise and ketchup.
For bento procedure:
- Cut lettuce and line bento box.
- Place buttermilk chicken nuggets on one side of the box.
- Shape rice to form the ears and face.
- Cut and place cheese circles for the snouts.
- Cut and place nori for the mouths, eyes and ears.
- Cut and place bell pepper for the cheeks.
- Decorate with broccoli, carrots, cherry tomatoes and other vegetables as desired.