Want fun, cute and healthy baon for the family? Check out the first-ever #MinolaMealsBento video! Have any ideas for our next recipes? Tell us in the comments below and stay tuned for more exciting dishes! #HealthierAngRelationships #MinolaMeals #MinolaMealsBento
Shrimp Caesar Salad
Minola Meals Bento #1
- 1 cup shrimp, deveined but tails still attached
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Minola Cooking Oil for frying
- 2 1/2 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Home-made Minola Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup Minola Cooking Oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl.
- Add the mustard and whisk together.
- Gradually add half the oil slowly, whisking continuously until thickened.*
- Add the rest of the oil and whisk thoroughly.
- Add lemon juice, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper while whisking.
- When the mixture has reached the desired thickness, refrigerate and serve.
- Use for dips, dressings, or in sandwiches.
*You can use a hand blender or a whisk.
Caesar Salad Minola Dressing
- 2 tbsp Home-made Minola Mayonnaise
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup Minola Cooking Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp rehydrated dilis (dried dilis soaked in water for 10 mins)
- Put all ingredients in a blender. Pulse blend for 1 minute.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder in a bowl.
- Toss the shrimp in the flour mixture.
- Dip the shrimps in egg wash then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Deep-fry for 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Strain using paper towels.
- Toss the lettuce, Minola Caesar salad dressing, parmesan cheese and croutons in a salad bowl. Top with crispy shrimps and serve immediately.
For bento procedure:
- Cut lettuce and line the bento box.
- Shape grated parmesan cheese to form wings.
- Cut shrimp and place between wings to form the body.
- Decorate with Home-Made Minola Dressing, croutons, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and other vegetables as desired.