Spread the Christmas Cheer with these mouth-watering Baked Sweet Potatoes! Check out our fifth #MinolaMealsBento video to learn how to make them for your own Noche Buena. Have any recipes you’d like us to try? Share them with us in the comments section below and you might just see them in our series! #HealthierAngRelationships #MinolaMeals #MinolaMealsBento
Christmas Cheer Baked Sweet Potato
Minola Meals Bento #5
- 5 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1 and 1/2 tbsps Minola Margarine
- 3/4 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 tbsp Minola Coconut Oil for drizzling
- sour cream and chives to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pierce each sweet potato to prevent bursting.
- Bake for 30 minutes and allow to cool.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half then scoop flesh out. Leave a thin layer of flesh in the skins.
- Drizzle skins with oil and return them to the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Put the sweet potato flesh in a pan. Mash then and add Minola Margarine, milk, salt and pepper.
- Add nutmeg and maple syrup to the mixture then remove pan from heat.
- Scoop the sweet potato mixture onto the baked skins. Top with cheddar cheese, chicken, mozzarella, and drizzle with oil.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven then garnish with sour cream, chives and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Pipe design onto sweet potatoes using sour cream. Sprinkle cinnamon. Cut and place chives and red bell pepper as decoration. Decorate using carrots, squash, cherry tomatoes and other vegetables
- Pipe design onto sweet potatoes using sour cream. Sprinkle cinnamon.
- Cut and place chives and red bell pepper as decoration.
- Decorate using carrots, squash, cherry tomatoes and other vegetable.