Ma shee suh yo! (It’s delicious!) For the sixth #MinolaMealsBento video, we show you how to make this Kimchi Fried Rice with Minola Cooking Oil! Got any fun ideas for our next video? Tell us in the comments below! We’ve got more delicious recipes coming your way so stay tuned! #HealthierAngRelationships #MinolaMeals #MinolaMealsBento
Kimchi Fried Rice
Minola Meals Bento #6
- 2 tbsp Minola Cooking Oil, plus 1 tbsp for drizzling
- 1/2 cup chopped chicken or beef
- 3 cups cooked Jasmine or Japanese rice
- 3 finely sliced scallions, white and green parts separated
- 1 cup roughly chopped kimchi
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- sesame seeds
- nori or kim (seaweed strips)
- pinch of salt
- Toast sesame seeds.
- Drizzle oil on rice then add kimchi juice, salt and pepper. Mix until evenly coated. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or pan. Add chopped chicken or beef and stir-fry until cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add rice mix. Stir in white part of scallions, chopped kimchi, and soy sauce. Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Remove rice from heat. Season to taste. Top with sesame seeds and kim (nori or seaweed).
- Cut lettuce and line the bento box.
- Shape or mold the rice.
- Cut and place nori for the moustache, eyelashes and hat.
- Cut and place cheese circles for the eyes. Top with cut nori circles.
- Cut and place carrots and/or bell pepper for the lips and flower.
- Place chicken or beef strips in a corner.
- Decorate with leeks, a hard-boiled egg, nori, carrots and other vegetables as desired.